Thursday, May 17, 2012

How to make a mess

 My children like to craft.  They like to paint.  They like to design.  So, here are some of the things going on.
First here, we have Miss A playing with nails and rubber bands.  Is there a name for that toy? Anyway, it's from Grandma and Grandpa L and she really enjoys finding all the different shapes she can make.  


Next we have Miss A and Miss E painting their dollar world wood things.  Miss A chose a star and Miss E chose a bird house.  Messy and cute. 
 So, Miss A painting while Miss E was sleeping.  When E woke up, she saw the remains, of the paint.  I let her go to town with the paint.  It was on the table, the chair, the arm, the face, the tongue, and a little on the paper.  After that, I let the girls play with slime (borax, glue and water).  The mess really warranted a spray down with the hose, but it was getting chilly outside.  So we resorted to a sink bath.  They thought I was the best mom in the world for that.  I thought so too.

I should point out that the two painting projects were done on different days.  I'm not totally insane.

2 comments:

Mindy said...

You are such a great mom for letting your kids be crafters! I super duper struggle with it, and have definitely put out the crafting flame in a couple of my kids already. Sad.

I just read your "Individuality" post that is no longer listed on here. I LOVED IT!!!! One of my favorites. I have had similar thoughts, but never put them all together like you did. It is such an interesting idea - wanting to be different, just like everyone else who wants to be different.

(I'm beginning to have little patience with your first example, the city dwellers. I read a few blogs of city people and I always wonder, "Have you not met the 10 million other people who are living the exact same life that you are?")

jon said...

I appreciate that your oldest is using the dish scrubber on her pits. Excellent.