Last weekend - March 24th, we had Grandma and Grandpa L here to visit us. They are going to be service missionaries for
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. We are really glad they came out to visit us and that our girls could enjoy some quality time with them.
While they were here, we visited Castlewood
Canyon State Park. The weather was great. The canyon was really beautiful. It's been a while for me since the last time I went and really enjoyed Colorado for what it is. I am in awe of nature and the peace and joy it affords. My girls did the hike with us. It was about 3+ miles and we didn't hear any complaints from them at all. Miss A loved it. Miss E seemed to just be taking it all in. She'd ask to be held occasionally, but then wanted to walk again shortly. Can you imagine only being 3 feet tall and going that far without complaining?
After the hike, we had a lovely picnic lunch and came home. The sad part was that my camera battery died 10 minutes in. They good part about that is that it meant I got to just enjoy the surroundings rather than finding photo opportunities.
Here are some that I did get:
 |
| Miss E - dress up skirt, halloween shirt, and overalls. What would you hike in? |
 |
| She's entered into a new, weird smile or no smile phase. Still beautiful. |
 |
| The two girls sitting in a rock. |
 |
| Grandma and Grandpa's mission picture. |
2 comments:
that's a great pic of bob and klea! Your girls are getting so big!
Oh, you mean Castlewood Canyon. I clicked on your link because I had never heard of Cottonwood, and it took me to Castlewood. We've been there once but it was probably 4 years ago, so we need to go back.
Post a Comment