Friday, March 23, 2012

the bench my dad and I built

For years, the Mr. has wanted a place to sit and put on his shoes in the bedroom.  The best solution seemed to be a bench, but I knew what I wanted, and it didn't come cheap.  So I've been looking for, well, years.  Because of pinterest, I got some new ideas about the bench and decided to build it. 

So, my dad made the frame.  My mom stained the legs, I did the upholstery and voila - a bench that didn't break the bank. 

I'm very happy and so are my kids and the Mr.

9 comments:

Breanne said...

It looks so great! Your room is beautiful

simplysarah said...

Love it!!! The whole room decor is beautiful, as well!

Jilly Bean said...

It's beautiful! I love your room.

Sunny said...

Hooray for Pinterest. Hooray for that lovely room. Nice work Erica!

Nancy Sabina said...

It looks absolutely fabulous! I do love Pinterest for it's ability to show you multiple ways of doing the same thing. Then you can read it all and make your own way. That's what I did yesterday with making pajama pants. 5 tutorials later and I have the perfect pants!

Alex said...

It's perfect!!!

Becky said...

Nice! The whole room is so pretty.

Lindsay said...

Wow, you have a beautiful bedroom! And great job with the bench.

ZB said...

This room is beautiful. The color, the organization. And the bench is just right. Well done!