you read it right - we are growing what is known as, dog vomit slim mold, or more scientifically called, fuligo septica in our backyard. No, it was not grown on purpose. And yes, it honestly looks exactly how it sounds. to get rid of it, I read somewhere to spray it with neem oil. As it turns out neem oil can be harmful to children so in my backyard where my children play - no go. So I went to the next option. Apple cider vinegar and corn meal. don't ask me why because I don't know. Ask a botanist. I'll tell you this, after spraying my yard with vinegar and sprinkling it with corn meal, I felt slightly voodooish and felt like some chanting or a dance was required. but I didn't. FYI - apple cider vinegar will kill your grass. and your slim mold.
really not much to say about the bloody finger except that don't try and cut up lettuce and teach manners to a child at the same time while being very hungry and tired. the result was the urgent care, a tourniquet, and dr. power super glued finger. and an embarrassed mom.
2 comments:
I am simultaneously appalled and chuckling. Not an easy combo to induce, so nice work!
Yikes, Erica, a tourniquet? Your poor finger!
Post a Comment