I just don't feel like posting much. maybe it's because I post stuff for others to see and read and I'm never really sure anyone is seeing or reading. wo is me.
Things that have happened:
1. My neighbor died of lung cancer last wednesday. His family and my family are close and it's sad. I hope and pray that his wife will be blessed for her love. He died at home.
2. A bear finished dance. Now she wants to go to 'swim-splash' school. hum.
3. I think if IKEA was here, we'd be broke.
4. I have to re-tile the kids bathroom. any tips?
5. I get to do a tropical/hawaiian backdrop for a daddy/daughter date night (for pictures). Any ideas?
6. I played my harp at a talent show. I messed up pretty bad. Everyone said it was good, but I was disappointed in how I did. boo.
7. Miss E and Miss A and me and daddy all got sick. colds, ear infections, stomach bugs, fevers...it's finally going away.
8. and since it has been nice, and we have an empty garden still as it's early in the year, my kids have been playing in the dirt for hours at a time.
and that's it really. oh, i'm in a cooking rut, so if anyone knows a reason I should cook for a family that doesn't appreciate my gourmet food, but wants 1. mac n' cheese, 2. pancakes , or 3. tacos every night, let me know. It needs to be healthy. and tasty. I miss tasty stuff.
5 comments:
I READ YOUR BLOG! I'm in a cooking rut too!!! I feel your pain! I wish we could get together!!! Want to? I'll email you!!! Sending love your way!!!
I seem to only be good about reading others blogs when I'm trying to do better keeping up with my own :) but I do really enjoy catching up with what is happening with your life and with your family. I miss you girl!
My kids aren't always good with what I fix either. I made this the other day and it was really good.
http://suesfavoriterecipes.blogspot.com/2010/05/tortilla-and-black-bean-pie.html
And on cold days I like this one
http://annemarie-tastebuds.blogspot.com/2009/01/cream-cheese-potato-soup.html
They will appreciate you some day. You are an amazing cook!!!
I enjoy your blog and hearing what is going on in your life. I get tired of my kids complaining at dinner also. It makes you think why do I even put in the effort? It also bugs me when we go to a restaurant and my kids want to order mac & cheese!
I read you all the time! I am suffering from the same problem though, writing and feeling no validation. I am trying to be better at it. I am frustrated with food too. Why is it that M thinks grilled cheese with grated cheese is better than Kraft singles? That easy mac in Lightning McQueen shape is unacceptable, but normal elbow shape is fine . . . the list goes on, but you get the idea. I'm sorry about your neighbor. I'm sending you a hug!
I want gourmet food!
Post a Comment