so a lot of you out there are skilled at taking pictures. will you please leave a comment telling me one or two things that you have learned so I can learn from you?
Have you heard of the "Rule of Thirds"? It can be really helpful for framing up your pictures. The basic principle is that you divide your frame into grid of nine squares, like a tic-tac-toe board. Up and down you have thirds, and right to left you have thirds. Then you try to put the foci of your photo onto those lines. For instance, the picture on your blog where Rich is holding the girls at the fence violates the rule of thirds. The horizon bisects the picture, giving the subject (Rich) way too much headroom. The picture a little further down of Miss E in the grass is better framed, with her eyes at the top third line. There's a better explanation here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rule_of_thirds
I have no photography skills. But I clicked on your blog to see the picture you put on - which is, as usual, fabulous. I love that you have harps on your tree. Perfect!
3 comments:
Have you heard of the "Rule of Thirds"? It can be really helpful for framing up your pictures. The basic principle is that you divide your frame into grid of nine squares, like a tic-tac-toe board. Up and down you have thirds, and right to left you have thirds. Then you try to put the foci of your photo onto those lines.
For instance, the picture on your blog where Rich is holding the girls at the fence violates the rule of thirds. The horizon bisects the picture, giving the subject (Rich) way too much headroom. The picture a little further down of Miss E in the grass is better framed, with her eyes at the top third line. There's a better explanation here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rule_of_thirds
I have no photography skills. But I clicked on your blog to see the picture you put on - which is, as usual, fabulous. I love that you have harps on your tree. Perfect!
Come visit me and I will teach everything I know....just a thought.
Post a Comment