Wednesday, October 14, 2009

my crafty moment

I decided to make my girl's halloween costume. I took pictures and had to post them because I don't do crafty things often. It proved sort of fun. and yes, I be-dazzled the t-shirt and there is a matching hair bow. wow. She chose the colors.
Also, in the past 2 weeks or so, we found a computer cabinet. It will make our office room into an extra room, and our office gets to all happily be contained in a piece of furniture. I'm happy. I can close the doors and no child can get in and/or knock over any sort of computer gadgety something.

and here it is (thanks to craigslist):


note:
if anyone has ideas on what I can do with the random 'nook' or 'recess' in the wall behind so it doesn't look tacky, I'd appreciate the ideas. I'd also appreciate some color thoughts. I currently have greens and reds and blacks and browns in my family room but would love something that could work with lighter blues in the distant future...ideas??

6 comments:

Jackson Family said...

looks great, I'm impressed! I'll have to try making a shirt sometime, do you just buy the iron on?

Nancy Sabina said...

Love the costume! I'm very impressed that you bedazzled it yourself! What a cute girl you have.

As for the nook - my thoughts are these: picking colors is tricky but right now my favorite idea for my own family room is a light, steely, slightly grayish blue. I think your nook would look great with a slightly darker shade of whatever color you choose. That way it looks like you have the nook on purpose as an accent wall. - which it probably is gonna end up being anyway since you just put a big piece of furniture there.

Have fun!

Mrs. Lundgreen said...

YAY! I'm so proud of you...you crafty thing! I love my living room colors and I always get comments on it...teal curtains with dark brown couches...I don't do well with more than two color combination - you could have a dark brown accent wall somewhere to match those blues -- and go with the different shades of the same blue for pillows, furniture, etc.

...But I'm not the expert - you should talk to Kristy! Happy Halloween!

Anonymous said...

how cute! I would have loved to have a tu tu like that when I was a kid, I'm totally jealous! Looks great! Miss you guys, have a great halloween!

Life Travels with the Parental Units said...

I think the neek should be a drop down screen for a drop down HD movie projector. Of course now you need a way to drop down the cabinet - while still making the computer available for driving the projection - hmmm - this may be tricky.

B and B said...

She looks SOOOO happy in that costume.

That looks really good. Is that the heavy cheap one you were telling me about?