Wednesday, July 22, 2009
falling out of bed
Last night, at 3:43 AM, I woke up to the sound of 'cunk' and 'bam' and then heard my girl screaming - not the I want my pacifier scream, the pain scream. I don't know how she managed it, because she has a guard rail up, but she fell out of bed and hit her head on the bed on her way down. I guess when I comfort her, I say the words, "it's okay. I've gotcha" often enough that she actually started saying those things to me after the screaming ceased. Then she reached up and rubbed her head (I try to teach her to 'rub it out' on bumps because that generally makes things feel better anyway). She looked at me and said, "I bumped my head." Now, for most of you that is no big sentence, but for my daughter, the grammar was good and she said it in a pain and sleep blur. It was a happy mom moment for me...not the falling part, though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh the joy that comes from lessons of pain... this could be made into a great church lesson! just joking
That is a truly sweet little story. What cuties you are.
If your daughter's speaking that well, I think it's time to have another kid. That's what I say.
Post a Comment