Sunday, June 7, 2009

chicken farm on Saturday and a Tornado on Sunday

Yesterday, I took my girl to the Conservatory again to feed the chickens and the cows. We saw a 5 foot long snake too. Here are some not so great pictures...

Then today, about 10 minutes before church let out, I was told, "there's a tornado." We had to get the kids (I'm in primary) to the bathrooms and wait it out. When it mostly passed, we all (2 wards) moved to the cultural hall. The storm passed, but was close enough to see and drop a lot of hail. I think some of the people at church may have damage to their homes.
Here are some pictures...
hail.

sky about one hour after the tornado...pretty, isn't it?

when my girl gets home from church, this is what happens. normally it's in her bed, but when there is a freaked out mom and tornado warnings, it's with me on the couch.

4 comments:

Katrina said...

I want to take Matthew to the Conservatory sometime, but would love to go with someone who has already been there (I'm weird like that). Let me know the next time you go and maybe we can come.

Rachel Durazzani said...

Yikes. That is terrifying. I can only imagine lots of freaked out kids (and parents). Glad everything was okay.

Nancy Sabina said...

Holy hail! Sheesh. Glad you're OK.

Anonymous said...

so crazy! I'm glad you guys were okay!