Monday, May 18, 2009

slow down for the snooze

my girl doesn't like slowing down. she runs, jumps, twirls, investigates, races, explores, and anything else that involves moving. so, in an effort to make nap time better, her room has little distractions. A bed, a rocking chair, a dresser a toy chest with what not in it (not toys), and a closet.
Today, she pulled all the wipes out of the container, took out all the diapers, played in her laundry, tried on shoes, re-arranged animals, played with a box, hid behind the curtains...and I can still hear her 'playing'. Apparently, she wasn't tired enough for 'nap time' today. hopefully she will be soon, because I want my mom break.

2 comments:

Nancy Sabina said...

Asher is that way too. He often doesn't sleep at all. I had to learn to start my "me time" whether I could still hear thumps from his room or not. It's really all about not having to meet anyone else's demands during that time (at least for me) so as long as he's not screaming "I want OUT", I can relax and enjoy my time.
Oh, and put the wipes up high in the closet, along with diaper creams and baby powder and such. :)

ZB said...

Yozers! I hear ya. Sounds like she needs a play mate?