Saturday, May 30, 2009

favorite summer moments so far

So, these are things I may or may not have mentioned before, but are definitely mentionable.

*A while ago, my husband and I got to go to a Rockies game for free. The tickets were FANTASTIC (basically behind home plate, on the visiting team side). We had such a great time! Thanks auntie and uncle B for watching the girl!

*On memorial day, I got to run the Bolder Boulder again. For those of you who don't know, it is a 10K road run with about 50,000 other people. I ran it in 68 minutes.

*I got a new nephew - Wyatt - he is a baby...cute, small, new, and scares me to death. I had forgotten the level of 'need' babies have. But still very cute. He always cries for me.

*Yesterday, we got a package from UPS and when they delivered it, they also said my girl could drive for a minute. She got to sit in the big truck and honk the horn. Wow for a highlight...she loved it.

* This morning we took our girl to the Plains Conservatory where they have an old farmstead. We fed chickens, turkeys, and cows. She thought she was in heaven, until she got close to the animals. Then the 2000 lb cow seems a bit scary. It was a bit scary for me too.

* And for the most recent highlights...
-I planted my garden (beans, broccoli, zucchini, yellow squash, butternut squash, peppers, corn, tomatoes, strawberries, sunflowers, spinach, lettuce, pumpkin, and watermelon. Hopefully it will all grow.



-my girl got a wading pool







oh the fun for me and for her.

3 comments:

Nancy Sabina said...

I'm lovin' the crack picture. Classic. And congrats on the Bolder Boulder again. You rock. It sounds like you guys are very happy and healthy. Keep it up!

Jon and Becky said...

You should buy a goat. I've been trying to convince my wife to get a goat so I won't have to mow the lawn as much. PLUS, in the winter....GOAT MEAT! Do me a favor and comment on our blog that getting a goat would be awesome.

Rachel Durazzani said...

I love the swim pictures. She is so cute. And what a beautiful backyard...looks like you have been busy.