Tuesday, March 17, 2009

sleeping beauty

this morning I woke up really tired. I fed my girl, we played outside, and when we came in, I was still the waking dead. So I put on sesame street and let my girl be babysat by elmo. I sat her on my lap, and closed my eyes. She enjoyed elmo, but whenever something made her laugh, she'd look my direction, and I wasn't laughing with her for the obvious reason that I had my eyes mostly closed.
then I felt my little girl lean, very awkwardly, to my face, I opened my eyes in time to see her lips puckered up and she laid a big kiss right on my mouth. I opened my eyes and laughed and so did she - her plan had worked. It was, "wake up MOM!" with a kiss. pretty sweet.

have I mentioned one of her favorite movies is sleeping beauty?

3 comments:

Nancy Sabina said...

That is just the cutest thing EVER! What a sweetheart! I love it when kids do things like that.

simplysarah said...

LOVE IT.

Now if only I could find someone to wake up with a kiss...;)

Rachel Durazzani said...

That is too sweet! What a cute little girl.