and for the cuter after picture...
Saturday, March 7, 2009
finding joy in the little things
This is my child scarfing down a saltine cracker. Since the wheat ban has been lifted in her life, she can't seem to get enough bread and crackers. I think she think the joy of eating those things will be taken away.
I've thought A LOT about this during the past year as I've been on my own quest for good health. I've discovered a similar pattern with many adults. We see something, think that it is going to be taken away, so we go nuts. And either we eat too much, hoard too much, do to much, spend too much, take too much, waste too much, or - in short - run faster than is needed. We don't need everything at the same time. We don't need all of life's joys to hit the same day. Mostly, I've learned that I'd rather have small and simple joys daily rather than trying to cram it all into a holiday, a memorable experience or the like.
and for the cuter after picture...
and for the cuter after picture...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Reminds me of that quote by Pres. Hinckley about how life is like an old time train filled with bursts of speed, slow times, etc but if you're patient you'll see beautiful scenes along the way. You're so smart.
Amen sister!
That's a great analysis. So true in so many ways. Glad she is enjoying the real stuff now. Love that last picture. She is so cute!
PS I just wanted to say, that I think you're pretty great. Thanks for being my friend, and for contributing to the little daily joys that make my life good. :)
So true. Cute pictures. I also love the ones two posts down. She just gets cuter and cuter!
That picture makes her look so grown up - I think it's the wheat?! You're sure adorable miss A!
Post a Comment