Friday, March 20, 2009

"show me"

In my quest to understand my daughters language, I often say to her after she has tried many times to communicate, "show me" at which point, she grabs my finger and walks me to the closest clue. Now, when she wants to show me something she comes to me and says, "show me." It's really cute...until I found today what she wanted to show me. We were in the back yard. She was happily playing in the dirt with her shovel and a bucket. I saw her poking at some rocks and some fallen leaves, while I talked on the phone to my sister. She walked up to me and said, "show me." So, she took my finger, I'm still talking on the phone and thinking she's going to show me a plant or something. Nope. She had found, an ant invasion. A 1x1 foot square of ants - solid black. She then looked up at me (after I gasped), and said, "BUGS! ANTS!!" She was so impressed. Now, normally, I let her have at the bugs - touch them. Explore. Learn and have fun. But it was too much for me. I led her to a new dirt pile and she played happily in our not-yet-planted- garden. (This picture is of my girl playing out back...I was taking a picture of her in the dirt, but when she sees the camera come out she comes running to see if she can press buttons.)

1 comment:

Nancy Sabina said...

Oh so cute! I love the beads. She's a girl after my own heart. Accessorize for everything!