Tuesday, February 10, 2009

recovery

So, my husband is getting better day by day. I've been really impressed with his pain threshold as I previously thought it would be low. As it turns out, he was off the heavy medication within 2-3 days and is taking over the counter stuff now when needed. He tells me he feels like he's at about 85%. Wow.
It is a different story for me and my girl. On Friday, she got a fever, and on Saturday we went to the dr. again. She has influenza A. no. there is no shot for that one, in case you're all wondering. She had a fever go up to 105 while on medicine and since then, has pretty much maintained a fever between 99-103 (5 days and counting). No food was really eaten today, but lots of juice. Lots of coughing. Little sleep. Lots of Nemo, WALL-E, and Sleeping Beauty. Lots of whining and lots of giving in. I'm too sleep deprived to want anything more than a healthy and happy family. Hopefully we are turning the corner soon. In the mean time, I believe we are going to do a large postpone on my girls birthday celebration. She turns two on Friday.
So things I've learned:
1 - my mom and mother in law are really loving and supportive and would come to a 'sick house' if I asked them to.
2 - my pride prevents me from asking for help (no this isn't me asking. I honestly don't want anyone getting sick).
3 - sleep deprivation is a killer of all things interesting, loving, and beautiful and makes it hard to see outside of your own world.
4 - I love my big sister who helped me laugh today and gave me sympathy even though I know she has dealt with much worse.
5 - sometimes I am embarrassed and have guilt for things that I shouldn't be embarrassed or feel guilty.

On a positive note, I did finish another book - Persuassion by Jane Austen. It is probably one of my favorites of hers. Not as much description of silly things and enough description of conversations, feelings, and situations.

2 comments:

Nancy Sabina said...

Oh, Erica. I'm so sorry. My sister recently made me laugh when I really needed it, so I'm glad you had that same experience. I'll leave you with a link to a blog that never fails to crack me up.
http://www.seriouslysoblessed.blogspot.com/
I dont want to give away all the fun - but just remember that it's a slightly mocking blog.
And feel better soon! All ya'll!

Rachel Durazzani said...

Sorry. That is so yucky. We've been hit this week, too. And AMEN to the sleep deprivation part. It also turns normally nice and loving moms into mean, nasty monsters! Good luck getting through it and good luck to your hubbie. My Dad has had a couple of hernia surgeries and I remember the recovery being pretty miserable. Hang in there.