My girl turned 2 on Friday - yes, Friday the 13th. Because of the family sick we've had, we enjoyed cupcakes, balloons and gifts with no one but the parents and the girl. It was nice to play with her and reminisce about the time that has flown by slowly. I love her more than she can comprehend and more than I even comprehend sometimes. It's an overwhelming feeling.
And so here are some pictures.

She helped me cook the cupcakes in the morning. I went to get the camera to get her covered in chocolate batter but she 'crashed' or something while I was upstairs, so the sort of cleaned up look is what you get. And yes, she's in her PJ's and has the wild morning hair. I love this picture of her (you can kind of see the fat lip from the crash).

Because the cupcakes don't have eggs (allergen), they are made with beans and cake mix. With that being said, we didn't mind that she wanted to take 1 bite from every cupcake - we knew we didn't want one, because really, who is going to fight over bean cupcakes unless they don't know any different?

I knew that if we had 1 balloon for her birthday she would go ballistic. So I blew up about 20 and we had so much fun!
6 comments:
Great pics! She is adorable.
By the way, if I'm ever there for her birthday, I'll take a bean chocolate cupcake. Mmmmmmmm!
Happy Birthday, Little Girl! I use ballons to pacify my kids all the time. All I have to do to keep them busy for an hour or so is blow up about 4. (There has to be one more balloon than kids to keep the peace - I don't know why that works, I just know it does.)
Can you believe how much your life has changed in the last year?
You are a great mom- balloons, cupcakes (and beans) and pj's all morning!! AMAZING!!
Happy Birthday! She looks BEAUTIFUL in that top picture. Those eyes are killer. Sounds like a fun birthday. I'd personally like to thank the person who invented balloons. They are one of my heroes!
Hope everyone gets to feeling better soon.
Happy Birthday sweet girl. Wish we could have been there to celebrate with you. I have a bunch of cute pictures of her...dang, I gotta send them to you. I'm writing on the TO DO list.
Big girl! Happy birthday, and I hope everyone's feeling better at your house.
I'm SO glad you read Persuasion! I love it so much. I have the movie if you ever want to borrow it, or watch it with me!
Post a Comment