So, during the fall, the maple seeds, know as helicopter seeds because of the way they are shaped and spin, are found everywhere in our yard. They are beautiful to me and have a really cool natural shape. With 4 of them and a stick and some hot glue, they look like dragonflies. So, I glued, the girls and cousin Brayden (not pictured, but definitely there) worked on painting them dragonfly colors. We had a really nice time and the iridescent qualities of the paint and the seeds looks really neat.
 |
| Miss E painting carefully |
 |
| The dragonflies drying. Far left - Brayden's, Middle - Miss E, and Right - Miss A |
 |
| She took a long time as she was really focused on being precise. |
3 comments:
Very cute idea! I love the girls' hair cuts too.
Those are super cute! You're such a fun mom.
That's such a cool idea. Brayden showed me a peacock (if I remember correctly) made out of those when I was at Deanna's for preschool and I thought it was such a clever idea--and dragonflies are great, too! Tucker loves those helicopter things and has a whole bag of them somewhere--we'll have to copy your idea!
Post a Comment