This day has been one of anticipation, excitement, and sorrow. Dramatic?
Anticipation and excitement - Miss A has been driven past her school for years looking at it like an amusement park she wasn't allowed in. Her preschool teacher got her excited. She really was excited for that first day. I was excited too, but obviously nervous for my little one - you know, will she learn? will she find friends? will she have a psychopath teacher and so on.
Sorrow - The day before Miss E was born, I sat on the floor in Miss A's room with her and we just cuddled and chatted. I cried a little. It was the end of a time in life. Once her sister arrived, it would never be the same. I just mourned the loss of a phase. It was a phase I loved.
So on Wednesday, when she started school, I mourned the loss of our independence, our autonomy, and our freedom from 'the system'. I know it will be good and bad just like every other phase in life, but I think I'm allowed the mourning process.
All in all, her teacher is nice, the school is safe, she has enjoyed her first 2 days and yes, recess is her favorite part.
4 comments:
Glad she's doing good and you too. I hope I can handle it as well as you. Definitely feeling that sadness of being sucked into the "system." Just have to keep looking on the bright side.
I anticipate more than mourning when Kyle goes to school. She looks so cute!
She is a very cute kindergartner. Or, kindie, I guess is what they call them these days. And yes, of course you should mourn. I'm glad you guys are at the same school as us!
And sorry to leave a deleted comment. I realized I left out like three words in one of my sentences. I'm tired. :)
Post a Comment