The tree is up.
The music has played.
I've done some Christmas shopping.
And boy I feel grinchy about it. Maybe I've just been having a grinchy holiday season because I felt a little grinchy before Thanksgiving. And a very little before Halloween.
Symptoms:
1. I don't want to smell pine.
2. I don't want to hear any Christmas music at all. Especially jazzy versions and modern versions of any Christmas song.
3. My one year old and my Christmas tree. I shouldn't have to explain that.
4. All the running around finding the perfect gift, knowing that it'll probably just get returned. I hate that. and I hate giving gift cards.
5. The Mr. asked me to send out Christmas cards. No. I love you all. But I don't like trying to find current addresses just to send a picture of my family. I have a blog. that's where my family is. Grinchy, huh? Especially because I love love getting cards.
Cure:
1. Doing something very non-seasonal, like sunbathing or gardening.
2. Celebrating your birthday with no Christmas wrapping paper.
3. Watching a super cool boy movie.
4. Have at least 7 quiet moments to ponder.
5. Not having cranky/picky kids at dinner (that's the cure for a lot of cranky mommies out there, by the way)
Maybe I'm just not a 'start the Christmas season in November' kind of girl, I guess.
7 comments:
The honesty of this post made me smile. And I so agree about the Christmas card thing - updating your blog is more than adequate, PLUS ecofriendly. :)
I'm sending you a little package of Christmas Spirit. It'll help. It's coming from Amazon.com and will be there later this week.
They wouldn't let me put a note in the package, so when a totally random package arrives for you on Friday, remember - it's your Christmas Spirit.
I'm grinchy too :( And I promise to send you a birthday card that isn't Christmasy. There is still time, maybe you will not feel stressed since you have gotten so much done already. Hugs.
Maybe you should try just pondering six quiet moments, and use the 7th to snap out a jazzy harp rendition of "The Holly and the Ivy."
This is the first time I've EVER put up my tree in November, and it's only because we'll be gone so much of December. It is nice to have it done. And Christmas shopping is mostly done, too. I can't really enjoy the season until the shopping is done.
I do have one thing to say: If you love receiving snail mail Christmas cards, then you should send them, too! I'm with your husband on this one. Except he should help. Why is it always up to us to get the cards out?!
I have kept this post unread until now. I liked it. Even if it was Grinchy. I like you, ESL. And I hope you have a happy birthday tomorrow. I hope that is the cure to Grinchiness. I will look at that nice family picture of you on your blog when it's Christmas time instead of opening a card from you and I will be okay with that.
Post a Comment