Tuesday, September 13, 2011

finger paint and sidewalk chalk

At a early age, Miss A discovered sidewalk chalk.  I think this invention has saved my walls because the sidewalk is such a large canvas in comparison.  However, last year, she discovered what happens when you mix chalk with water.  The result is a lovely colored paste that can be used, more or less, as finger paint. 
So yesterday, I bought new sidewalk chalk and we colored and drew and enjoyed some time doing lovely artwork.  But today, there was some water in the gutter and the finger paint escapades ensued.  This year, Miss E was a happy participant.



The result was that my freshly bathed children looked sort of ...Lord of the Flies.  I thought it was creative.  I thought it was clever.  And I thought it was messy.

2 comments:

Nancy Sabina said...

I think that's genius! What smart little artists! I think I'll let my kids try this soon - but I think I might strip them down naked first. ...what scandal will that cause in the neighborhood?

ZB said...

I couldn't do this. But then again, I'm not that fun of a mom. And I'm not nearly as creative. But, I think they will remember it which is what matters. I'm curious what the tub looked like after the bath?