I don't really want to say a whole lot, except that it's been a year since Aaron died. I was not thinking much of this today as when I do, I tend to get melancholy, angry or just cry. Well I read facebook and a few of the people out there mentioned him. That's right. I started to cry. Enough so that my 4 year old was concerned for me. This is how it went:
"mom, why are you crying?"
"because...well, Aaron died and I miss him."
(she starts tearing up, in her best semi-fake cry)
"Honey bunny, don't you cry too, I'll be fine. I just miss my brother."
"mom, do you want me to say something funny?"
"yes!"
(instead of saying something funny, she starts making funny faces and happy spit bubbles)
I love my brother. I love the funny man that he was. I love that he was kind and gentle. I love that he adored my children. And I love that my 4 year old has a bit of goof in her, just like he did.
1 comment:
YOU are good too Erica!
Post a Comment