miss A has a cold - so last night, before we could give her more medicine to help the nasty sore throat, she cried and was miserable and angry at us, and so on and so on. then the hour of medicine came, I gave her some, and much to her chagrin, her throat still hurt. But we tucked her in and told her to count to 20 over and over and that she could dream of candy and cupcakes and friends and books and all the lovely things she could think of.
and we went to bed.
and 5 minutes later, miss A comes walking into our room, with her pillow in hand, and says, very matter-of-fact, "I'm gonna sleep with you tonight."
um. nope.
she got walked back to her room, and tucked in.
5 minutes later she's in our room, "um, I'm gonna sleep with you tonight."
I told her that was not an option and if she kept getting out of bed the word would be trouble.
she went to sleep close to 11 pm last night - in her own bed finally.
yawn.
4 comments:
Oh no! Boo for being sick! Please tell Miss A that the other Ms. A sends love and hopes that she feels better very soon!
I love it when kids come up with their own genius ideas. I'm totally 100% with you on not letting kids sleep in your bed, but ya gotta feel sorry for her. She thought she had it all figured out!
You are so good. I would have broken down. I'm a mess of a bad parent these days. Good for you. I hope that she is feeling better soon.
Which reminds me..I should be in bed. Tomorrow I'm gonna hate myself.
Is everyone feeling better now? I saw that you guys have a humidifier in her room. Does that help her?
Post a Comment