Thursday, September 16, 2010

things going on

well, my daughter chewed on my cable to connect the camera to the computer - twice. Yes, the 3 year old. So no pictures for now.

things going on with the babe:
1 - she moves around like a side winder snake, rolling to her side and then back to her stomach until she reaches that random thing directly in front of her.
2 - she is 6 months old, yesterday.
3 - she has a very content disposition, but she also knows where her lungs are.
4 - she sounds like a baby seagull when she yells. It isn't much of a cry as it's really a scream.
5 - she smiles at the world. I think she has a huge mouth.
6 - she has started eating food - rice, beans, squash, and a bit of a popsicle.

things with the 3 year old:
1 - she seems to be the one 'in charge' in the group of neighborhood children. The 6-10 year olds listen to her and follow her lead. I don't get it.
2 - she started preschool and loves it.
3 - her foot grew an entire size this summer, I think she grew about an inch in height, but I don't think she gained any weight. Still hanging out at 31 pounds
4 - my favorite word she says, "lasternight" - it means yesterday, today, tonight, last night, and tomorrow. wait, it doesn't mean tomorrow - that's tomarllow.
5 - She is potty-trained. did you hear the angels just singing? I did.
6 - since the food ban has been lifted, she is allowed to eat anything. She doesn't like melted cheese. what. but she could eat peanut butter by the spoonful.

3 comments:

Nancy Sabina said...

Just thinking about the food bans being lifted makes me happy for you. I bet it simplifies things so much!
Pictures are good, but words are great, too!

Sunny said...

It looks like you guys have had a really nice summer. And these updates are great. Sorry about that cord. Kids these days.

Becky said...

I love "lasternight." So cute!