Sunday, August 1, 2010

50 Things you may not know about me

1. I once asked a guy why he hadn't asked me to marry him yet. It wasn't my current husband.
2. Until I pursued my husband, I remained completely clueless about when a guy was interested in me, until after the fact.
3. I returned from Italy with a slight addiction to second hand smoke.
4. I don't really like swimming and I can't swim well at all.
5. I've read every Jane Austen book
6. When I was 14 I was afraid I would be an old spinster. When I turned 26, I thought it'd be fun to be an old spinster.
7. I never wanted to serve a mission.
8. When I was 17, I side swiped a parked car and didn't leave a note.
9. I've had a cop ask if I was drunk. I didn't have my license on me at the time. I didn't get a ticket (bad night vision).
10. I'm always coming up with 'characters' for books out of the people I know in my life.
11. I like to design my own clothes. I don't make them, just think them up.
12. I ate lunch once with a gypsy family in Italy.
13. I used to live about a 15 minute walk from the White House.
14. I used to hate gardening and now I love it. I like the smell. I like to pull weeds. I like to watch something grow.
15. I don't like talking politics
16. I do like college football.
17. On my first date, we got in a car accident. We never made it to our destination and I had a terrible case of whiplash.
18. Hazelnut ice cream is my favorite dessert item ever.
19. I've never had chicken pox.
20. I remember my dad's graduation from college. That's when I decided where I wanted to go to school and that I wanted to go to college. thanks dad.
21. I used to work at the Walmart photo lab.
22. I'd like to own my own farm someday and join a farmer's market.
23. I also want to be owner and manager of a community garden.
24. and my community garden would have a lunch time diner.
25. I want to work for an international non-profit someday.
26. I want to get a PhD someday. I'm thinking in psychology, but maybe something else.
27. My college French teacher told me once, after a good day in class, 'it seems like you're struggling. Do you need a tutor?" that was my last semester of French.
28. I love people watching.
29. When I people watch, I come up with stories about the people.
30. I've never had sushi
31. I was 5 feet 8 inches in 8th grade.
32. I'd like to live abroad with my family. England is my first choice.
33. I once emptied a harp practice room at college and had a double date night in the room.
34. One summer I went indoor rock climbing with my sister almost every day.
35. I want to see the Northern Lights someday
36. I like when people ask for and take my advice.
37. I have a fear of knives in the hands of other people.
38. I have really scary dreams.
39. I enjoy Italian opera but not any other type of opera.
40. I do not like ballet.
41. I don't like when people walk to close behind me - doesn't matter who it is either.
42. My husband was the first date I ever had where I couldn't get a good 'read' on him and how he felt about ...anything.
43. Speaking of my man, we met after college but later found out while in college, we lived in neighboring apartment complexes when we were at school.
44. In high school, I never skipped class without permission
45. I associate most nouns with a color.
46. I'd like to be an Irish dancer but never thought I'd be accepted because I have no Irish in me.
47. I used to have a pet rat named Frankie.
48. I love architecture and enjoy exploring old places.
49. I don't recall being teased really as a child.
50. I was falsely accused of cheating on an English assignment once in high school. He wouldn't let me turn in my assignment.

9 comments:

Nancy Sabina said...

Reading all those things about you, I only have one thing to say. I love you.

Katrina said...

I'm curious to know what character I am. Would you tell me?

Mindy said...

I love these things about you! The second hand smoke addiction is hilarious.

I don't like swimming, either.

I would like to know what character I am. It may hurt my feelings, but I think I want to know how I appear to others.

I'm worried that you haven't had the chicken pox.

I'm jealous that you worked in the Walmart photo lab. I think that is a job I would really enjoy.

And I never skipped class in high school, either!

I loved learning these things about you!

B and B said...

I didn't know ALL these things- but I knew a lot. One summer I went indoor rock climbing with MY sister almost every day TOO!!! I have seen the Northern Lights... that's a good one.

Doctor O said...

I also (still) love second hand smoke, especially right after the cigarette is lit. In fact, I was playing a triple header (softball) one night and was starving by the end. Someone over the fence lit up and smelling it took away my hunger for about an inning.

Alex said...

I know you so much better now! :)

Quirkle said...

I remember you telling me about that first date with the car accident and blizzards all over everyone and the car.
I remember coming to visit you at the Walmart photo lab.
I never knew you haven't had the chicken pox.
I still have a paper sunflower in my journal from when you covered my room in them to cheer me up one day. Do you remember that?
Anyway-you will always be an awesome person.

Lindsay said...

Fun to learn those things about you! And it's funny, like Katrina and Mindy, I wonder what character I am.

I never wanted to serve a mission either. And my imagination is pretty active, too, like yours seems to be, although I seem to find less and less time to daydream.

Life Travels with the Parental Units said...

Some surprises in here.

Hmmm . . .