Wednesday, April 21, 2010

1 month old



Well, it's been a month since girly number 2 arrived. here are some tidbits about her.
- she likes to be held, by your right arm, with both her hands by her mouth. this is almost non-negotiable with her.
- she cries and it sounds like a bird of some kind - maybe a baby seagull, but with an added high pitch yelp.
- she is very alert and therefore shows off her big blue eyes very often.
- she really enjoys tummy time and will hold that head of hers off the ground for well over a minute. Then, rather than get angry about the overwhelming fatigue of supporting her noggin, she just lays it down on her hands (which are, of course, by her mouth).
- she hates having her hands held.
- she doesn't like sleeping.
- she loves eating in excess and gives herself a tummy ache.
- she weighs somewhere between 9.5 and 10 lbs now. she's getting that back/neck roll of fat. I love that.
- she has rolled over - from tummy to back. it's not done on purpose, but that should illustrate how much she wiggles.
- she grunts ALL NIGHT LONG. It is as loud as an old geezer snoring. she wakes herself up she is so loud.
- no real smiles yet, but the cooing has begun. she coos when she is laying on the ground. it seems to be her happy place, the ground, that is.
- when she's angry, her arms swing up and down like a star wars storm trooper. I call her my little storm trooper when she's angry.


5 comments:

Nancy Sabina said...

Oh, what a cutie! Those big blue eyes are pretty amazing! What a blessing that she's happy on the floor. I'm sure that will come in very handy.

Andrea (the Mom) said...

Yeah, I can't believe how beautiful, alert and strong she is! I love her. I want to be there so bad!!

The Parkers said...

Oh she is a doll! Love that she loves her hands!

Angie said...

OOhhh I need to meet her! (And snuggle her of course!) Erica, I see a lot of you in her face. She's gorgeous!

Mary said...

Congratulations on your new baby! Her big beautiful eyes look they could see everything. She seems so alert. The nice thing about hands is they are never too hard to find. Take care, Cousin M