Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving - California Adventure/Disney Parks

Pictures and info in no particular order...


As it turns out, the tea cups have a look a like at California Adventure - it is the lady bug ride (from bugs life, I guess). My girl started it okay, but about halfway through began sobbing. Fortunately, the kiddie rides only last about 1 minute, so when it stopped, so did she. Apparently, twirling and jolting rides are not her style.

This was after hours at the park - and we were still going and happy. Tired feet and an exhausted 2 year old (okay, and a tired mommy), made for what most would consider an early first night - we left at about 7:30 pm. lots of fun that day.
Our family around the "A" in California
This is our girl, the first time at the park - you can sort of see the pins she's wearing - 'first time' and 'family reunion' pins. She was really proud of the novelty...for the first day.
At the end of the night, of course, the exciting part for the girl who got a day with family and friends at a huge amusement park was that she sucessfully dressed herself. Yes, the shirt is on backwards and inside out and both legs are in one side - BUT - she did it alone and was very pleased. I left the shirt and fixed the pants.

2 comments:

Nancy Sabina said...

How fun! I'm glad you didn't have any meltdowns or craziness.

simplysarah said...

I wear my shirts backwards sometimes too.

I wish I could fit both of my legs in half of my pants....;)