Last night, we laid our girl down for bed, gave her a book, kissed her goodnight and left the room...followed by the gate we now put outside her door. It was a long day and we thought she'd go to sleep fast. 15 minutes later, she was up playing with stuffed animals. We laid her down again, left, gated the room and hoped. 15 minutes later I heard her again. I went up to her room and she was no where to be seen. But I heard her and saw the toybox lid (the one full of stuffed animals) move.
When I looked in, it looked like that scene from ET where there is just ET's head and all the stuffed animals - ET being my daughter. It was hysterical, but I had to be serious because she was out of bed again. I laid her down, left the room and laughed with my husband. Someday, at 2 AM that girl is gonna freak out when she wakes up in the little tiny box and can't figure out how to get out.
3 comments:
what a great story. aren't kids the most fun thing we have ever done.
Awesome! Classic.
What the adventure. Glad that you got a good laugh out of it. And congratulations on the next baby girl. What fun to have a sister. Happy Thanksgiving.
Post a Comment