Wednesday, April 22, 2009

sore throats and the police

So, last night, after my girl had been fighting a fever and a red and white sore throat (they say it may be mono as she tested negative for strep), we were finally, after 5 days, going to have what should have been a relatively normal night of much needed sleep.
3 AM and I roll over to see my husband, kneeling on the floor looking out the window. "What are you doing?" Well, he pointed and said, "looking at the police car in front of our neighbors house." The neighbor behind us, that is. Lights on, but no sirens. He and I talked for a few minutes. I thought domestic dispute. But then, there were lights in front of OUR house. We were surrounded. Well, my mind started coming up with the most horrific and fantastic reasons why we would have this going on. To bring reason back to my head, I called the sheriff. "Why is there a police car on my street?" He told me there had been a lot of car thefts in our area. okay. our cars were in the garage. It seemed no murderers were going to hide in our window wells. We were fine (obviously and of course. but I tell you the world isn't rational at 3 AM).
We went to sleep only to have our daughter wake up at 5 this morning. ugh.
But her fever is gone!

4 comments:

Nancy Sabina said...

Oh, no! Mono! I hope it's not really!

I can relate to the needing sleep thing today since my Asher was up all night with a fever. He's at 103 right now and we may be headed to the doc when he wakes up from his nap. Man, having germy kids is so fun.

AmyE said...

I hope she gets better soon and doesn't have mono! Hopefully more sleep is in the future for all of you as well!

ladyshanae said...

Goodness sakes!

I hope your little girl feels better soon. Nothing stinks more than having a sick kid!

Also - yikes! The coppers are on to you - look out!

Hee hee!

Julie said...

Mono in such a little girl!? I hope not!