Monday, January 12, 2009

new bed

so, today I decided to put my twin size mattress in miss A's room and set it up as a little bed. the mattress is on the floor in the corner, with the crib on one side of it - basically so it's boxed in. my girl is a crazy sleeper, with her feet on the walls, backwards in bed, and changing positions it seems about every 2 seconds. She's also very active and loves to explore. I thought it would be a trial to get her into bed. Long story short, Rich laid her down and she was asleep in minutes and is still laying in the same position. cross your fingers for us. We hope she's really in love with the bed and that this isn't a fluke.

6 comments:

Nancy Sabina said...

I'm crossing my fingers - be sure to tell us how it went. My girl had a gloriously easy switch to a big girl bed because she was so excited about it in her day. In fact, it took us about 6 months to convince her that she could get off her bed all by herself if we told her that was OK. Otherwise she would still just sit there and call for us when she woke up just like she had in her crib.

Rachel Durazzani said...

That is awesome! We're are going to get HD a bed (hopefully) this weekend and I'm curious to see how it goes. She much prefers to sleep in big beds now, but we'll see how she does. Can't believe our little girls are growing up so fast! Love that picture of her laying there so naturally and casually. What a doll!

ZB said...

I just love that picture of your family! And I'm not trying to toot my own horn...I just really like it. Hope you do too.

Isn't it amazing when they just do it and without struggle. I love that. I put Mini-E into a toddler bed a few months ago and she just did awesome. And now they are in the same room and doing fabulous! They surprise us don't they?

Sunny said...

Yes. A lovely picture of you three. Thanks for sending one our way. It hangs proudly on our fridge. Or at least we like to look at it every day.

I was happy to hear the good allergy news. I hope it lasts all year and beyond.

And good luck with the transition. So many things to think about that I choose not to until I absolutely have to.

Enjoy the new year.

out numbered said...

I love your family picture!! I hope your family had a great New Year. It looks like Christmas was fun! How is the big girl bed coming along? -Deanna

Katrina said...

She looks like she loves it! It's crazy how fast they grow up and how they always surprise you. I also love that picture of you guys!