Tuesday, December 2, 2008

thanksgiving

planes, trains, buses, cars and back again made for a new and exciting thanksgiving for our family. On Tuesday, my father in law offered to fly us out to visit them and so Tuesday evening we were on a plane to Utah. We had a lovely time with everyone and played games, and ate great food, and saw movies (yes, I saw Twilight with the girls and we had a great time) and generally visited with each other. I felt and still feel very blessed to be a part of and accepted so openly by such a great family.
Miss A did fantastic on the plane and played really well with all her cousins. She really loves having little friends to hang out with. They teach each other and learn from each other so much. Since coming home, she is talking exponentially from the week before.
And to all my friends in Utah - I wanted to see you but knew there wouldn't be time with the holiday. I wish we just lived closer together, but for now, I'm grateful to have good friends everywhere!
and yes...that's right...I didn't break out the camera AT ALL! crazy.

4 comments:

Nancy Sabina said...

Oh, I love those times when my kids learn so much from being around my big, crazy family. Family rocks!

B and B said...

NO PICTURES? I was excited to see Alice with other kids- I was not sure she could do it... she only hangs out with intellegent people like her parents and Aunts...haha jk

Becky said...

Wow, I didn't know you went to Utah! Come on, admit it, you loved Twilight, right? I did!! I want to see it again.

Sunny said...

Happy birthday, Erica. I know it was yesterday. And I hope it was a happy day. And it sounds like you had a lovely Thanksgiving. And happy holidays to you and your family.