Tuesday, June 26, 2012

painting and a reason for it

Life is sometimes and endless sea of monotony.  We wake up and do about the same routine every day.  It seems that there is a weekend scramble to do something interesting or exciting and that ends up being in the routine.  Even so called exciting people have a routine that may seem drab.  Well, in my sea of day to day tasks, I think we should and can enjoy they simple beauties of life.

For me, one of those beauties is color. My younger brother has lost his color vision, I think almost entirely at this point, and it's made me contemplate how much I enjoy the vibrant hues and shades all around us.

And with that, I live in a sea of builders beige.

And mostly, it's okay because my kids and my thoughts and my garden paint a beautiful and colorful world, but last week, I wanted to add a bit more.

So I painted a wall in my kitchen.  It was 6$ and 2 hours during nap time. And the result made me smile.  

2 comments:

The Mrs said...

The blue wall looks great Erica! Nice work.

Nancy Sabina said...

Gorgeous! Love it! I too hate buildres beige. I hate all beige. I think ti's like color gave up and died. And yet, I too have not painted the main living portion of my house. Bedrooms, bathrooms, living room have all been colored lovely hues - but my family room and kitchen (the part of the house I spend all my waking hours in) are a yucky peachy not-white color. I shall paint them soon!