Wednesday, December 28, 2011

December stuff...other than Christmas

 playing kitchen ...with my kitchen stuff...in the living room. It was something to do on a cold gross day outside.  and winter has a lot of cold gross days.  I love there creative minds.
 basement is getting finished.  framing - check. electrical - check.  rough in plumbing - check.  having the drywall hung -check.
 see the doors? see the paint? see the baseboards? see a bit of the tile floor behind the mr? see the mess? we did that. I mostly did paint.  11 gallons of paint.  If I never have to paint another ceiling again....
 see the shower getting tiled? my father in law did that.  we'll grout it this week.
And little miss A sang for Harvard Square retirement home in a Christmas program. She gave hugs to all the folks there when it was over.   Then she wished everyone a Merry Christmas.  Nothing really seems to intimidate or make her shy.  I love that about her - my little fearless child.  She sang and danced to the songs and loved on the people.  Someday I'll be like that too.

3 comments:

Vanessa said...

Love your paint color! Super excited to see the final product:)

Nancy Sabina said...

It all looks like fun! I love, love, love your "winter" pic. It's totally frame-able

Katrina said...

So many yays! Yay for creative ideas with kids. Yay for happy basements! And yay for cute kids who surprise and inspire us :)