Thursday, October 20, 2011

nap time for miss A

So, Miss A is 4 1/2 and needs a nap sometimes, but needs a rest all the time.  I've noticed over time, that she isn't that child that wants to sleep with the same stuffed animal or the same blanket every night.  She likes to sleep with her favorite thing of the day.  That means it is her favorite thing from her imagination.  I've found her sleeping with books, music boxes, pictures, CD's, hangers, and clothing (just with it, not in it).  I also find her in her favorite clothing items.  Generally, she likes to sleep in princess dresses.  Maybe it helps her have good dreams and imagine happy things.  For my part, I think she likes the silky fabric on her skin. 
Today the princess dresses were dirty. So this was the 'favorite thing' for a fall afternoon.

missing summer much? yup.  (plus, just like the princess dresses, the swimwear is sort of silky feeling.
(andrea, notice the picture on the bed.  think she's missing you and your clan too.)

3 comments:

Nancy Sabina said...

Oh my, what a cutie! I love, love, love those quirky things kids do.

jon said...

What happens if her favorite thing of the day is chocolate pudding?

erica said...

well jon, it probably wouldn't be the craziest. she did empty her piggy bank once to sleep with the money.