1 - she wants to go outside, but can't
2 - she wants to go to the park, but can't
3 - she's too tired so even changing her diaper causes an angry show
4 - she hit or kicked and is in time out
5 - she can't watch a movie 24 hours a day
the interesting thing to me is that if she's angry from one thing, she'll mention all of her grievances while screaming, crying, and writhing in her emotional trauma. It sounds like this, "owside! owside! pawk! owside! water(this has been added since seeing the ocean)! booty (sleeping beauty, that is)!, oh no!! (what she says when she KNOWS she did something bad), and then it repeats with various angry sounds mixed in followed by continuous rage.
the only reason I share is because I heard all of this in the car today. you know, the place from which you can't escape? I had images of a cop pulling the distracted me over and discovering my miserable child. Would he take mercy or call for backup? Who knows. But I'm glad it didn't happen.
Just to be clear, this doesn't happen very often, but she is pretty sleep deprived these days due to her move to the bed. yikes. normally she is pretty congenial and looks like this:
4 comments:
I have a lot of catching up to do on your blog!
These tantrums sound SO familiar. We have the same reasons for our tantrums here. Must be the age.
She is a doll though. I think that's why God gives us sweet moments....to help us get through the bad ones.
I often wonder, too, what a cop would do if he pulled me over for crazy diving while all 3 kids scream at me or something. Again, doesn't happen very often, but when it does... ugh.
Oh this picture of Alice looks likes an Angel, with her little curles. But I can attest to the fact that she really doesnt tantrum a lot...unless you mention the 'P"!!!
Isn't is pathetic when you feel a sigh of relief when another mother shares one of "those" days. Your family is amazing, your paintings are incredible, and your little girl is adorable. Keep up the good work.
Post a Comment