Sunday, December 28, 2008
Christmas
In our family, we have great traditions that as I get older, have learned are not like everyone else. After we see what Santa brought, we then eat breakfast (sausage, eggs, grapefruit, christmas bread, and hashbrowns), we have to clean up, shower, make our beads and have everything, as my mother always said, Christmas clean. Then we all sit down together and open presents, one person and one present at time - youngest to oldest. These pictures are the first present to be opened. My girl was nervous, I think, that her parents were telling her to open something we had been saying for days to 'not touch.' She sure had fun...and the necklaces were from santa. she now says, 'peettee' (pretty), when she puts them on. and the stroller is from Grandpa and Nana Stones. She runs everywhere with it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
That's exactly what my family does! Les and I (and our kids) I mean! I grew up with a different tradition than Les' family - so we comprimised! I love it! The FUN of seeing what Santa brought, but the 'norm' morning and getting things straightened up before the mess begins!!! She is so darling!
We do it pretty much like that, but without the "Christmas clean!" The kids see what Santa brought and play for a while, and then we eat our traditional brunch before we open the rest of the presents. Last year, they were so enthralled with their Santa presents that we didn't open any others till about 3 pm! In my parents' house, I think we usually opened presents before eating, but Jeromy and I like to do it this way.
Look at all those beads. She's a dazzler! Glad that you have the same kind of traditions we do. We like to draw it out and make it last as long as possible. It's too fun that way. Merry Christmas.
I love your new family picture!
Post a Comment